Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Handling Criticism in Your MLM Business

I have a plaque on my wall that says, “What anybody else thinks about me is none of my business.” I like that sentiment, because it’s easy to get caught up in what other people say about you, or to you. You have to please yourself first. It’s always possible that criticism may give you a helpful hint, but too often, it’s just misplaced anger. Somebody else sees how you do things and it doesn’t match with how they would do things, so you must be wrong. Taking comments like that to heart can really hurt your network marketing progress.

Sometimes we attack the criticizer. That’s not too productive. It just puts more focus on the negative, makes you think about it longer, takes you away from result-producing activities.

If the guns are being fired directly at you, the real key is to stay cool. Keep your focus. Do whatever you need to do to not begin some back-and-forth battle. What works for me is thinking of my perfect day. Anytime I feel the start of an outside attack, I picture my perfect day in great detail. The result is, the anger does not draw me in. I’m able to stay calm and talk to the person, and the mean words just roll off my back.

One thing I know for sure is that if you react to it, the battle will ramp up. The criticism will get harsher and there will be more of it. The better able you are to relax and maybe picture YOUR perfect day in great detail, the beauty of that day, the sooner the other person will just let go and relax, too. You can’t fight long with no opponent.


http://www.LackOfSuccessIsnotYourFault.com

No comments: