Friday, January 2, 2009

My First Prospect was PeeWee Herman

One of the things we have to learn in this business is to discipline our disapointments.
I know how hard that is, I've been there.
I still have keep that in mind when things don't go as well as they should. It's life!
When we don't get what we want and get it fast, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
''I'm going to quit'' That is being followed by ''this does not work''...


I remember my ''I'm going to quit'' moment. It was December 2007. I started my business three months earlier. I worked hard every day to get prospects. Nothing happened until that December morning.
I logged in my back office and I saw the e-mail I've been waiting for :
''Daniela Riess, you have a prospect!''
I felt like I'm going to faint. I was so excited that my heart started pounding. And then, with my hands shaking I opened my e-mail, scrolled down with a huge smile on my face,
and there was my prospect:


First name: Pewee
Last name: Herman
Phone number: 123-12-1234
City : Unknown
Address Unknown
Zip Unknown
Country US

My smile dissapeared.
All the negative emotions took over.
The dissapointment and anger I felt were overwhelming.
''This is ridiculous'' I said to myself... '' I can't belive this is happening...
All that work I put myself thru and for what? Peewee Herman? You got to be kidding me...''
I cried the blues and felt sorry for myself for about an hour. I wanted to quit so bad.
''This is so not worth my time'' I said out loud.


I had two choices at that moment. One was to quit and another was to keep going. I remembered reading Napoleon Hill's book Think And Grow Rich.
Have you? If yes, do you remember the chapter that tells the ''3 feet from the gold story'' ?
That was exactly where I was standing, 3 feet from the gold.


I decided to keep going...
It makes so much sense when it is said that success is often disguised in temporary defeat.
Just when you think it's over, you decide to take one more step, and then...your life starts to change for the better.
But we have to take that extra step and that is one of the hardest thing you'll ever have to do, I promise you. Your feet are so heavy and you so very tired and dissapointed.
It feels like you just hit a brick wall and there is no way of moving forward.
And then you remember that you have to discipline your dissapointments. You remember the 3 feet from the gold story.

So, my friend, have you been there? What kind of decision did you make ( if any ) when that happened to you?
Here are a few things that you might want to remember if PeeWee Herman comes along:


#1. Discipline your dissapointments.
#2. Beat temporary defeat at it's own game by taking that extra step.
#3. When you do something often enough, a ratio will appear.
#4. Once a ratio appears, it tends to continue...

I hope that I've helped someone today!

Make this your best day ever.
I appreciate you,
Daniela Riess

Get You Free Copy Of the Success in 10 Steps E-book HERE

No comments: